The association was created in November 2000 with the aim of renewing the circuit homologation for holding demonstrations of historic vehicles. The creators were: Jacques Potherat, President, and members Serge Cordey, Gérard Crombac, Bruno Le Roux, Jacques Marchand, Jacky Ritteaud Hugues Charrier, Eric Helaine, Michel de Thomasson and John Paul Toncou. To date the association has over 1000 members.
The association began organizing open circuit output to its members, cars and motorcycles. These outputs are targeted to the Linas-Montlhéry circuit but also on other circuits.